|We brought the frame back to MIT...|
|taking out the carbs|
|taking off the radiators|
|Time to take out the engine!|
This turned out to be a much tougher job than we expected even considering we had 5 people (plus a camera-man) working on this.
|Let's try to lift the whole bike upwards.|
|Let's try to lift only the back....|
|Couldn't let this pic disappear in 8 seconds...|
|Finally the engine is out!|
|Look at all that space!|
|Probably the best configuration|
|This might actually work too. Clearance worries me a little though|
|We considered this for a second|
|Until we realized where all the weight of the bike would go if we drop choloCycle.|
With the frame gutted, I started the mechanical design for the battery and motor holder. I was looking for some CAD for the ninja and stumbled upon this gem. A guy named Daniel Nguyen made a CAD of a ninja for his Intro to Cad class in UCLA. He intended to CAD the 2009 Ninja but he used the specs from a service manual for the 2002 model, which is the model we bought! I emailed daniel and he was gracious enough to let us have the CAD! Woohooo!We imported the CAD to solidworks and got rid of fairings and engines and exhaust etc and gave it some colors.
We mainly need the frame CAD so we can fit batteries and motors and whatever mounts we have.We are in the process of buying more stuff for the motorcycle (like motor and trying to get some batteries). We'll keep posting stuff during the build! Any questions let us know in the comments below.